Under $1K TS: Craftsman vs the Green Monster

Page 3 of 3
Duane Bozarth wrote:

... BTW (although I would have thought it obvious) I'm speaking only of the small end stuff that would typically be something individuals or smaller commercial shops would be looking at...I'm guessing you were planning to try to sandbag me that Grizzly makes/sells (I don't know who actually does their manufacturing) a full line including large commercial equipment as well...

That would be my guess too. Because they do.
www.grizzly.com
This will get you to their catalogue too. Check out the companies to which they sell wood and metal working machines.
RonB wrote:

I have o need to...I <know> they are in that market, too...but that is <totally> different animule than the <$1k tablesaw that started this (now widely off-topic, but that's ok) thread...
Now waiting for somebody to gripe about the "animule"... :(
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:00:10 -0600, Duane Bozarth

I didn't mean the question as a positive / negative thing, I actually think it all comes down to cost.
Why? American Woodworker, and Popular Woodworking seem to appeal to beginning to intermediate amateur woodworkers. FWW's target market seems to be intermediate to advanced amateurs, and some pros.
Grizzly also advertises in Wood Shop News, which is as straight out "trade" as it gets, with little to interest an amateur.
Barry