Uncontrollable movement of half-sheet pad sander

I have a $2 flea market older half-sheet Black and Decker pad sander that runs great (9000 rpm), but its side to side movement is uncontrollable. It makes no difference how hard I press on it. I flattened the platen on my belt sander and that didn't help. I took off the bottom, and the rubber posts look fine, and nothing seemed amiss there. What to do?

Reply to
David Hershiser

Put it on eBay and double your money.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

LOL ... or breed it to a belt sander and go to the races.

Reply to
Swingman