Uncontrollable movement of half-sheet pad sander

I have a $2 flea market older half-sheet Black and Decker pad sander that runs great (9000 rpm), but its side to side movement is uncontrollable. It makes no difference how hard I press on it. I flattened the platen on my belt sander and that didn't help. I took off the bottom, and the rubber posts look fine, and nothing seemed amiss there. What to do?
On 22 Sep 2003 07:27:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@oberlin.edu (David Hershiser) wrote:

Put it on eBay and double your money. <G>
Barry
LOL ... or breed it to a belt sander and go to the races.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03