Ultimate tool stand

I am going to build the "ultimate tool stand" http://christophermerrill.net/ww/plans/UTS/Tool_Stand_1.html
Googling the group I see that it has been a topic of discussion before, and several people have built one.
Before I invest the couple of hours it will take me to do one in Autocadd, does anyone have a cut diagram for the particle board?

There is a cutting list on the last page. Wouldn't it be fairly straightforward to figure the cuts from this list?
Seems like an easy job for "Cutlist Plus". JG
Lee Michaels wrote:

It probably would be easy on the right software. But, I don't own the right software, and don't want to invest the time, effort and resources to aquire new software and learn how to use it.
I really just want to get on with cutting the wood and screwing and gluing the thing together. I've chained myself to the desk all winter, and really don't want to spend much more time on the computer.
I was kind of hoping, someone else had already done the cutting layout for the 4X8 sheets, so I don't have to make drawings of the peices, and then slide them around on drawings of 4X8 sheets, to minimize cuts and minimize the waste. If I design a project in cad, then I already have the drawings of the peices, and it doesn't take long to lay out the cut diagram.
If no one has one done already, I will go ahead and draw one up.
Who said technology makes things easier? A piece of paper and a pencil will get that done for you in 10 minutes. Although I'm sure it is more fun to use autocadd.
Randy wrote:

Twang wrote:

I was going to say the same thing. It takes me about 30 seconds to make my "cutting list" when I do stuff. If you end up with two 2" pieces of scrap instead of one 4" piece of scrap due to not optimizing your cuts, does it really matter?
When did a workbench become a "tool stand"?
FoggyTown
foggytown wrote:

When it was designed as such, I'd guess. Tradionally a workbench was used to hold the workpiece in such a manner as to allow hand tools to be brought to bear upon its surfaces - you bring the tool to the workpiece. In this case a major design element is the ability to mount power tools upon it, hence "tool stand". Or, most likely, the original designer said "I'm calling this the Ultimate Tool Stand because that's what I want to call it."
JP ********************************** A rose by any other name?
This was in either American Woodworker or Popular WW a few years ago. I checked the PWW site, but you have to sign up for their email newsletter now to get in the free plans section. Might be worth checking those sites out. I have the magazine around here somewhere, but darned if I know where it is. On the PWW site, check out their "Little Shop" and "Little Shop II" I built a blend of the two of them.
Regards, Roy