Ultimate sawhorse

Page 2 of 2
On 1/9/2012 8:03 AM, Limp Arbor wrote:

I estimated about 8-lb/100-lb of loading on each end (or ~15 total). The strap tension will be at least partly compensated for by ground frictional force.
Close enough? :)
On 1/9/2012 8:03 AM, Limp Arbor wrote: ...

That would be the obvious way... :)
I haven't tried to draw out one to check on dimensions but seems to me at the cost of using a wider board or gluing up stock that one could offset the pin location from the slot and reverse it so they would close on the crosspiece instead, eliminating the strap entirely.
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 06:28:31 -0800 (PST), Limp Arbor

What all comes with it? It looks like a wooden tabletop and two clamps with rollers. Are there brackets attached to the bottom of that table, or does it just screw to your sacrificial tubafore? Yeah, that looks handy even without a Jawhorse.

I hope you're doing that as a tribute to the designer.
I've been pretty happy with the little plastic foldup jobs from Chiwan. I think they were $17 for the pair. I added a tubafore up top.
-- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message wrote:>The big blue box store is practically giving away the Jawhorse miter

What all comes with it? It looks like a wooden tabletop and two clamps with rollers. Are there brackets attached to the bottom of that table, or does it just screw to your sacrificial tubafore? Yeah, that looks handy even without a Jawhorse. =================================================================Take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBK8tzJksNg

On 1/4/12 9:45 PM, CW wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm making a promotional video for my product I'm going to make sure everything it straight and square, not crooked.
--

-MIKE-

Very cool. There is even more included than I thought. Let's see, what else do I need in Medford...
-- It takes as much energy to wish as to plan. --Eleanor Roosevelt

I'd cut a notch into the legs for the lower side support. They would be narrower (folded and unfolded), and stronger.
replying to Limp Arbor, basswood wrote:

--
I thought I would add my design to this post. It recently received the "Editor's
Choice" award on the most popular woodworking site on the web and made the "Hot