Type of wood?

Page 4 of 4

How big a piece do you want to wind up with?
Bow is NP if you can bend it straight when you afix it to something else
Cup is NP if you need thin wood
Crook is NP if you need shorts or narrow
Twist is a PITA
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

I want to make kitchen table and coffee table from it.

Bill wrote:

I managed to find the owner of the wood outside today, and I took along a book with some pictures of wood with "defects", and asked him about his cherry wood. He said that it has been stored indoors for 15 years (not stickered, no water damage, no bugs), and he said it was straight. The main criticism he had of it was that is was of uneven thicknesses, widths and lengths. He estimated quantity at 200-250 bd-ft. He affirmed that he was going to bring it to his house near me, though he does not seem in a hurry, and I asked him to please let me know when did so. I know he does not wish to own it, so a suspect a "pick and choose" deal may not be reasonable to him. Will keep you posted!
Bill
On 11/10/2013 2:43 PM, Bill wrote:

Stored indoor is good news.
The lengths, thickness and widths are exactly what you would expect from a sawmill/wood cut off the land and stored, so that should be no surprise.
Also, there is not that much to hurt you if the price is close to your budget.
Jointer, planer and a table saw and you're in business. Or, in lieu of the jointer, a Festool track saw. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 11/6/2013 8:29 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Double that for South East Texas.