Type of nail to use for T111

Recommended nail to hang T111 on a 2x4 shed? Better way of phrasing the question... Should I buy a 15 ga. nail gun... or a larger gun? Note: Have wife... must justify purchases... you know the drill... you all have helped before... ;)

Reply to
jester

I do not think 15ga will cut it -- use 2 3/8" nails -- 8d if I remember correctly -- your gonna need a framing nailer to shoot them

Reply to
SamTheCat
8p Galvanized Gun or hand nail Dave

Reply to
TeamCasa

I would either hammer or shoot a 8d nail. Ring shanked are a better choice....

This is a damn good reas> Recommended nail to hang T111 on a 2x4 shed?

Reply to
Pat Barber

I used Stormguard #6 ring shanks by Maze (Bottom of the page):

bastards are a PITA to drive. They don't split siding and they seem to stay put well.

Reply to
Mark