Two-Part Epoxy?

stick...
use
The double sided tape used in automotive applications to stick in windows on the likes of Toyota FJ75 Troop Carriers. Its a "mastic" type glue and has amzing sticking power - Selleys sell some similar stuff in those tubes but not as strong as the tape but would probably do the job that you want.
Roger & Lorraine Martin wrote:

Yes, or double sticky carpet tape. Laquer thinner (I think) will remove the glue residue.
--

FF

A lot of people on the list have addressed the various adhesives but that isn't where your problem is. Rather the problem is that as you pull the dent, the edges delaminate becauuse they are up to whree they belong and thus stop moving. This allows air in and thus the problem. You need to have a flexible puller so that it will flex with the metal. I'd probalby use some rubber to attach to the metal with a good adhesive like weatherseal adhesive (high tack and strength) and then a relatively thin metal puller plate over that. IN addition, you may also want to increase the pressure on the metal from the backside with another rubber coated surface
Bob May wrote:

Maybe all the fights are booked?
--

FF

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:32:02 -0700, fredfighter wrote:

nope. sharp beaks banned by TSA.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com
| Anyone have any experience using two-part epoxy on painted metal? I need to | "pull" some painted metal similar to automotive sheet metal into position | and hot glue simply doesn't stick well enough.

Got a new one for you. Get a really good masking or other strong and paper like tape, like the 3M stuff and carefully spread it about the area you need to work. Rub it in good so that the tape adheres perfectly everywhere. Apply some adhesive that is flexible enough to accommodate the expected flexing to the tape and your pulling tool. The trick here is that the strength of the tape in the vertical direction (not tensile or shear, as tape is measured, but in a direction perpendicular to the surface) is phenomenal, but and most adhesive sticks to the tape really well, therefore the tape provides the stiction you can't get from the adhesive directly to the surface, not to mention that you can use a wider variety of adhesives.
Should work, except it won't make semi-gloss. Satin is already half way between semigloss and matte. mixing matte and glossy would make semigloss. So it should be fine, just a bit shinier than semigloss. Maybe counteract by adding more satin than glossy. Experiment.
oops, wrong thread.
Don't know how my computer pulled that one on me.

:)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.