Twin counter rotating blade circular (skill) saw?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber596
Has anybody used such a thing? What would the purpose of this tool be?

Cutting a car in half? I vaguely remember hearing about them from a Junkyard Wars-type TV show. I think Craftsman used to make one. If someone has used one, I'm curious - are the blades slightly different diameters? Or how are the blades close enough together to effectively cut a single kerf, without the possibility of hitting the counter-rotating teeth? Andy

Sears has offered this as Craftsman tool on occasion.
Oughtsix wrote:

The counter rotating blades help P-Factor and stability and if one blade stops spinning. Oops! Those are propellers... <G>
I would imagine that the tool ends up working like a "nibbler", with the blades taking small bites and opposite forces offsetting each other. I would think it would work well on thin metals and plastic, and not bend the finished edge.
Hometime had one of these that they used in 1 episode and it was never seen again. Sparks were visible when they cut a board with it.
--
Charley

"B A R R Y" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Oughtsix wrote:

"Opposed blades make the cleanest cut you can get in plastic, wood, aluminum—even stainless steel."
Do I win? ;-)
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA