Twin counter rotating blade circular (skill) saw?

anybody used such a thing? What would the purpose of this tool be?

Reply to
Oughtsix

Cutting a car in half? I vaguely remember hearing about them from a Junkyard Wars-type TV show. I think Craftsman used to make one. If someone has used one, I'm curious - are the blades slightly different diameters? Or how are the blades close enough together to effectively cut a single kerf, without the possibility of hitting the counter-rotating teeth? Andy

Reply to
Andy

Sears has offered this as Craftsman tool on occasion.

Reply to
Leon

The counter rotating blades help P-Factor and stability and if one blade stops spinning. Oops! Those are propellers...

I would imagine that the tool ends up working like a "nibbler", with the blades taking small bites and opposite forces offsetting each other. I would think it would work well on thin metals and plastic, and not bend the finished edge.

Reply to
B A R R Y

"Opposed blades make the cleanest cut you can get in plastic, wood, aluminum?even stainless steel."

Do I win? ;-)

Reply to
Nova

I will award you the prize if you have used one and can tell us about it?

Thanks for the relpies!

cut you can get in plastic, wood,

Reply to
Oughtsix

Hometime had one of these that they used in 1 episode and it was never seen again. Sparks were visible when they cut a board with it.

Reply to
Charley