Twin blade saw

Several years ago I saw a saw on closeout at HD which was unlike any I have seen before or since. It had two blades side by side like an electric kitchen knife. Anyone familiar with this oddity?
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Sounds like they had a dado blade set mounted on the arbor
http://www.plansnowinprint.com/dadoblades.html
or were doing something like this
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/workshop/dado.html
Bob S.
BobS wrote:

Nope. Straight blades "like an electric kitchen knife", remember? Apparently they reciprocated. As best I can remember the blades were about 18 inches long.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

You left out the "straight blades" part originally. "Like an electric kitchen knife" could be interpreted to mean "right next to each other". Was this saw a stationary tool like a table saw or band saw or a portable tool like a reciprocating saw?
todd
Gerald Ross wrote:

Like this? http://www.michlitch.com/Wellsaw.php Not surprising that you didn't find it. I believe that it's intended market is the meat packing industry.
RicodJour wrote:

That looks like it, other than the color. Wonder what it was doing on the closeout table at Home Depot? At least I didn't just dream it. Thanks!
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

News==----
Newsgroups
=----
Craftsman had one with two blades. They were suppose to prevent kickback. The whole saw was recalled for some reason.