TWC - The Woodworker's Choice - Shut down

Shutting down...

old news.

Reply to
Patrick Conroy

Sorry to see them go. I've bought quite a bit from them, mostly at the trade shows, over the years. I guess more of Bush's economy putting the little guys out of business and letting the big ones move out of the country.

Reply to
Charley

That's news to me. That's gonna leave a gapping hole in the woodworking shows around here. They took a fair amount of floor space. I always bought some odds and ends from them when attending the shows (I skip the Viper and Oldham stuff--I've had bad luck with that stuff).

Dave

Patrick C> Shutting down...

Reply to
David

"Charley" wrote in news:5Qjqe.7062$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

IIRC, they are/were a shirttail group of a division of Delta/Porter Cable that was 'rationalized' as part of the Black & Decker merger.

Kind of a rolling flea market at the trade shows.

The fellow that did the router jig demos knows his stuff pretty well...

Patriarch, recalling a line from an old comedy bit: "Couldn't live like that!"

Reply to
Patriarch

Good thing none of that happened when Clinton was pres-o-dent. I don't agree with a lot of the things corporations get away with by relocating headquarters overseas et al, but don't be a tool (obligatory woodworking reference) and suggest that it was invented by the Bush administration.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree