TWC - The Woodworker's Choice - Shut down

Shutting down...
http://www.thewoodworkerschoice.com /
Maybe old news.
Sorry to see them go. I've bought quite a bit from them, mostly at the trade shows, over the years. I guess more of Bush's economy putting the little guys out of business and letting the big ones move out of the country.
--
Charley

"Patrick Conroy" <patrick snipped-for-privacy@conroy-family.net> wrote in message

IIRC, they are/were a shirttail group of a division of Delta/Porter Cable that was 'rationalized' as part of the Black & Decker merger.
Kind of a rolling flea market at the trade shows.
The fellow that did the router jig demos knows his stuff pretty well...
Patriarch, recalling a line from an old comedy bit: "Couldn't live like that!"

Good thing none of that happened when Clinton was pres-o-dent. I don't agree with a lot of the things corporations get away with by relocating headquarters overseas et al, but don't be a tool (obligatory woodworking reference) and suggest that it was invented by the Bush administration.
todd
That's news to me. That's gonna leave a gapping hole in the woodworking shows around here. They took a fair amount of floor space. I always bought some odds and ends from them when attending the shows (I skip the Viper and Oldham stuff--I've had bad luck with that stuff).
Dave