TV: " Toolbox " on the history channel

TV shows named " Toolbox " on the history channel, current show is all about handsaws, manufacturing and the history of... several more shows to go tonight on different subject (12-2-04)... hope y'all catch 'em!

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

handsaws, manufacturing

(12-2-04)... hope y'all catch 'em!

I happen to know the guy who is producing these shows (but not the cutie who acts as hostess, sigh...)

If you guys have a suggestion (that does not involve the hostess) I'd be glad to pass them on.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

She is awesome, what a woman! I'd marry her in a...(if we mutually fell in love hehe!)

Chisels and handplanes and sharpening I think would be good subjects, showing it all being done, and history including back into ancient times too. Couldya-wouldya??? I wish I'd known about these shows, I could have recorded the one about hand saws :-(

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

Dude:

Do you think they spent all that money to only run them once?

Watch the listings. Go to the website.

Watch the sky.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 20:05:04 -0500, Tom Watson spake the words:

handsaws, manufacturing

(12-2-04)... hope y'all catch 'em!

Damn, ruled that one out before I could even come up with a good scheme, dincha? She's the prettiest woodworker I've ever seen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. *

's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design

Larry Jaques

I guess I am in really bad shape. I saw this post, and I actually thought about the show. There is one about sanders, and they talk about an old 3 wheel craftsman belt sander which is supposedly rare. Well I bought one at a garage sale for $3.00. I recorded the show, and about a month later, I bought an old PC belt sander also on the show for $20.00. Go ahead and make fun of me!

Reply to
ToolMiser

I think they ran them twice today, just repeated the series back to = back.

--=20 SwampBug

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Dude:

Do you think they spent all that money to only run them once?

Watch the listings. Go to the website.

Watch the sky.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

SwampBug

handsaws, manufacturing

(12-2-04)... hope y'all catch 'em!

j4

Reply to
jo4hn

"SwampBug" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

They were on TiVo when I looked to see what today's catch was. I saw the one on handplanes earlier. Not bad. I know a little more that I wanted to know, than I did before, an unusual instance with modern television.

Tawm, you can pass on a 'well done!' from at least one of us.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Tivo is a neat doodad!

--=20 SwampBug

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"patriarch snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcastDOTnet" I think they ran them twice today, just repeated the series back to = back.

They were on TiVo when I looked to see what today's catch was. I saw = the=20 one on handplanes earlier. Not bad. I know a little more that I wanted = to=20 know, than I did before, an unusual instance with modern television.

Tawm, you can pass on a 'well done!' from at least one of us.

Patriarch

Reply to
SwampBug

I saw the one about adjustable wrenches last night. Mostly, it's the Ridgid 14". Cast in PA, finished in OH. The hostess can tighten my nuts anytime. Joe

AAvK wrote:

handsaws, manufacturing

(12-2-04)... hope y'all catch 'em!

Reply to
Joe_Stein

I liked the one they had on the hand drill, why Decker had a S&W .357 on the kitchen table, while him and Black where drinking/talking I don't know, but there's where the design came

Reply to
Richard Clements

Lends new meaning to the old bad guy declaration, "I'm a gonna drill = ya!" LOL!

--=20 SwampBug

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I liked the one they had on the hand drill, why Decker had a S&W .357 on = the kitchen table, while him and Black where drinking/talking I don't know, = but there's where the design came

Reply to
SwampBug

That it is. I don't watch much TV and it doesn't impress me enough to remember when something is on. With the TiVo, I don't have to remember.

Reply to
CW

My impression, and I don't remember where I got it from, was that they getting lit because they were having business problems. The revolver may have been Plan B.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Yeah, isn't it great? There's _always_ what I want to watch, ready to be watched. It even found Roy Underhill for me, said "Hey, you'll probably want to be seeing this based on your other recording preferences".

Reply to
Dave Hinz

there is that

Reply to