TV Stand is coming along

Do you mean Java or JavaScript? I haven't had Java installed for a couple of years and have yet to hit a site that doesn't work because it is missing. JavaScript on the other hand is all over the place. The bill pay system on every bank I have used uses JavaScript. The local utilities use JavaScript to present your bill online.

Many companies use Java for their intranet apps. From what I have read, that was the original intent for Java. I know the intranet where I used to work was eat up with it.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

you up in the thread.

Only two ads for woodworking magazines.

ONLY woodworking mags.

you've allowed

Nope. No google ads on my site. Those mag ads are served by me via agreements set up with the publishers.

Reply to
brian

Probably java script. It hurts but I'll plead ignorance.

Reply to
Mike M

Plead, hell, my wife will testify to it She reminds me all the time, too

Reply to
ChairMan

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 10:40:47 -0600, basilisk

What you say is absolutely true, but in this digital world unless you want to isolate yourself completely, you're almost forced or at the very least coerced into letting that content in.

Reply to
Dave

Lots of absolutely idiotic things we put up with for convenience.

I mean, just imagine the idiot who will put up with paying a TV cable company for a Prepackaged lineup of channels, so each channel can show you 15 minutes of commercials every 30, while you are paying for the privilege.

Go figure ... :)

Reply to
Swingman

About 6 months ago I bought an $11 antenna at Best Buy, clipped the cable cord (and their phone cord), and my wife and I have been happier ever since. I/We wish I would have done it sooner.

Reply to
Bill

Been trying like hell to get the other inmates here to agree to the same action ... but it's not an easy sell to females who want to watch things like Greys Anatomy on demand, especially when you succumbed, in a weak moment, to agreeing to let the lead TV sled dog buy a 60" HDTV in exchange for giving up her recliner ... so I could build the sofa table I always wanted while I still had the chops. :(

Reply to
Swingman

Just for fun, I went looking: Maybe this will strengthen your case next time you approach the bargaining table.

With what you'll save on cable, you ought to be able to buy *2* new recliners in a short while--to say nothing of things with blades.

Reply to
Bill

Swingman wrote in news:XcWdnc3m5KF626_MnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Reply to
Han

Amongst the inmates are two Netflix accounts, and one Apple TV, so no shortage of $ane options ... $uffice it to $ay that does not $way them in the lea$t.

No more recliners, was glad to get rid of them ... can't put a sofa table behind a recliner, and now I don't have to be rude to the company when they presume to sit in _mine_. Besides, I almost killed one of the pup with those jaws of death when it weighed less than a bag of sugar.

Reply to
Swingman

What's an antenna?

Reply to
Leon

Buy a TIVO DVR. Monthly subscription about $15 IIRC unless you buy the life time service.

Reply to
Leon

Kudos, but why the antenna? There's -nothing- TV worth watching.

I gave up TV 6 years ago last month, and I have never missed it. I gave up broadcast radio about the same time. Now I hear no more stupid, loud, and screaming advertisements unless I'm working in someone else's home. Luckily, that's only 1% of my time.

I got a subscription to Netflix and have been happy with movies as my sole video entertainment. The USPS is going to make that investment FIFTY PERCENT WORTHLESS next month, when they cut out Saturday deliveries, unless they deep to deliver movies that day, too. I may just give up Netflix delivery, too, while retaining their streaming option to watch on the computer. Maybe Redbox can take up some of the slack.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

---------------------------------------------------------- Damn, the price of folded dipole's has sure gone up.

Didn't know 10 ft of twin lead could be so expensive.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Swingman wrote in news:Q8WdneAqEZ4U0q_MnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Love my 20+ year-old backsaver. I wish I knew a reasonable way to repair the leather cushion. The leather is OK, but the filling is escaping and the cushion doesn't stay put anymore so I continuously have to get out of the chair and pull it up. Kids and grandkids love it. Spouse doesn't .

Reply to
Han

Hauled my only recliner to the dump a couple of years ago. Down to a Morris Chair and matching rocker, and an old sofa which is gone when I build the matching love seat. No room for anyone to sleep on furniture.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

All I know is that the payment to Comcast is $90 per month less than it was. $90 here and $90 there, it adds up!

And the difference between the "nothing" that is on TV is negligible. We still have more than 20 channels to flip through.

Reply to
Bill

----------------------------------------------- "Bill" wrote:

-------------------------------------------- Isn't digital TV wonderful.

After the switch to digital TV, must have access to at least 100 channels.

Too bad I don't speak Korean, Vietnamese, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Spanish and a few others.

They represent at least 40-50 channels combined.

Still leaves about 50 channels.

BTW, for $11.00, was it a rabbit ears?

Lew

Reply to