TV Stand is coming along

Page 3 of 3
On 3/2/2013 12:37 PM, Swingman wrote:

Buy a TIVO DVR. Monthly subscription about $15 IIRC unless you buy the life time service.
On 3/2/2013 12:20 PM, Bill wrote:

What's an antenna?

Kudos, but why the antenna? There's -nothing- TV worth watching.
I gave up TV 6 years ago last month, and I have never missed it. I gave up broadcast radio about the same time. Now I hear no more stupid, loud, and screaming advertisements unless I'm working in someone else's home. Luckily, that's only 1% of my time.
I got a subscription to Netflix and have been happy with movies as my sole video entertainment. The USPS is going to make that investment FIFTY PERCENT WORTHLESS next month, when they cut out Saturday deliveries, unless they deep to deliver movies that day, too. I may just give up Netflix delivery, too, while retaining their streaming option to watch on the computer. Maybe Redbox can take up some of the slack.
--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.
"Bill" wrote:

Damn, the price of folded dipole's has sure gone up.
Didn't know 10 ft of twin lead could be so expensive.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

All I know is that the payment to Comcast is $90 per month less than it was. $90 here and $90 there, it adds up!
And the difference between the "nothing" that is on TV is negligible. We still have more than 20 channels to flip through.

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Bill" wrote:

Isn't digital TV wonderful.
After the switch to digital TV, must have access to at least 100 channels.
Too bad I don't speak Korean, Vietnamese, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Spanish and a few others.
They represent at least 40-50 channels combined.
Still leaves about 50 channels.
BTW, for $11.00, was it a rabbit ears?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/RCA+-+Indoor+Off-Air+HDTV+Antenna/8280834.p?id 71058630499&skuId80834&st=RCA - Indoor Off-Air HDTV Antenna&cp=1&lp=1

snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

As you invited us to your webpage. You made it's content relevant. Posting "your policies" in the form of a php script seems like rubbish (to me)!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040209030502010703060605 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Bill wrote:

Here is the GarageWoodworks policy, for anyone who wants to read it:
*GARAGEWOODWORKS WEBSITE DISCLAIMER*
For the purposes of this disclaimer detailed below, "you" refers to the reader/visitor/viewer of this website (gargewoodworks.com).
*No warranties*
This website is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties, express or implied. GarageWoodworks and Brian Grella make no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, GarageWoodworks or Brian Grella do not warrant that:
* this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or * the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
*Limitations of liability*
GarageWoodworks or Brian Grella will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
* for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or * for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if GarageWoodworks or Brian Grella has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against GarageWoodworks or Brian Grella in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GarageWoodworks.com or Brian Grella from and against any personal injury, damages, costs and expenses, including any legal fees, potentially resulting from the application of any of the information provided by GarageWoodworks.com or Brian Grella. This disclaimer applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
*Reasonableness*
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
*Unenforceable provisions*
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
*This website disclaimer*
Some of this website disclaimer is based on a precedent created by template-contracts.co.uk <http://www.template-contracts.co.uk/ and published by freenetlaw.com <http://www.freenetlaw.com/
--------------040209030502010703060605 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:16:36 AM UTC-8, snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

2: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?videou Almost done. Critiques welcomed. Videos are nice for How-to's but it seems like too much work (for me) to watch 2 videos to see a current project. A couple pics might be a better medium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:38:41 PM UTC-5, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

one. Critiques welcomed.

dium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.
I wish I had your confidence in knowing that there is nothing I could learn by watching a woodworking video that would make it worth watching. I love woodworking and soak up anything I can and make judgment calls along the w ay. I can't get enough sawdust related info.
Actually I'm not sure if you are projecting confidence, being foolish or bo th.
Cheers!

ually I'm not sure if you are projecting confidence, being foolish or both. Cheers!
I have seen that you have a passion to teach and that is laudable. However, this seemed to say "I have a new project tell me what you think". You aske d for critique. As is quite comon the critique was not on the specifc item you requested but critique non-the-less.
Also, personal preference, I really don't like watching videos unless there is some specifc thing that can't be shown any other way. It is usually the case that the vidoe takes 10 minutes to describe something that one pictur e and a few words could have accomplished in a few seconds. They usually al so leave all the sound from the power machinery which is really annoying.
On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:52:59 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

Part 2: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?videou Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

watch 2 videos to see a current project. A couple pics might be a better medium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.

watching a woodworking video that would make it worth watching. I love woodworking and soak up anything I can and make judgment calls along the way. I can't get enough sawdust related info.

Looks good Brian, using Firefox there is an addon called no script which lets you select what sites can run script. It's amazing how many sites just don't work with out java. It is nice to only turn on as much as you need to.
Mike M
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:14:56 PM UTC-5, Mike M wrote:

done. Critiques welcomed.

medium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.

ove woodworking and soak up anything I can and make judgment calls along th e way. I can't get enough sawdust related info.

Facebook and YouTube are two biggies that require it (not that I use Facebo ok). I leave mine turned on all the time and rely on my Firewall/virus pro tection. Anecdotal, but I've never had a problem as a result of doing so a nd I don't know anyone that's run into trouble either. On my video page it isn't actually my script that is using javascript, but BlipTV that require s it for their video viewer.
Thanks for commenting!

On 2/27/2013 8:14 PM, Mike M wrote:

Do you mean Java or JavaScript? I haven't had Java installed for a couple of years and have yet to hit a site that doesn't work because it is missing. JavaScript on the other hand is all over the place. The bill pay system on every bank I have used uses JavaScript. The local utilities use JavaScript to present your bill online.
Many companies use Java for their intranet apps. From what I have read, that was the original intent for Java. I know the intranet where I used to work was eat up with it.
Mike

Probably java script. It hurts but I'll plead ignorance.

Plead, hell, my wife will testify to it<g> She reminds me all the time, too
On 2/27/2013 10:16 AM, snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

I think a dust collector might make the shop look more tidy. AND get one of these,
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/2085016/38913/silicone-glue-brush-1.aspx
I just switched from an acid brush and am not looking back. These brushes will hold quite a bit of glue and are a snap to clean before or after the glue dries.
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:56:39 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

YES! I do desperately need a dust collector. My biggest fear is getting n asal cancer. I saw a guy a few years back in a Dairy Queen who lost half h is nose cancer and was wearing a prosthetic. He said he use to drive a tru ck that was filled with sawdust or contained saw dusty items (can't remembe r). I always think of that guy when I get the slightest nose irritation af ter woodworking.

I don't know about that. I like to just bend down and pick up a piece of s crap for a glue spreader; they are easy to find in my shop :)

I was skeptical too but they do a much better job spreading the glue than I ever would have thought. Not a big investment, you should give it a try. They hold the glue well enough that I have less of a problem with the glue dripping down the edge of a board even though the brush is wider than the board edge.