TV Stand is coming along

Part 1:

Part 2:

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

Reply to
brian

I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned on(why?)

Reply to
Bill

Because the page uses javascript. It's too much work to code for the few knuckleheads that have it turned off.

Reply to
brian

knuckleheads that have it turned off.

Since you put it that way, as a web page publisher, what are you doing on your end to ensure the security of your visitors? My guess is that "it's too much work" for you to do anything at all.

Reply to
Bill

knuckleheads that have it turned off.

Was the pejorative necessary?

Denigrating a potential audience is counter-productive, and will reduce your advertising income.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

2:
Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

Videos are nice for How-to's but it seems like too much work (for me) to watch 2 videos to see a current project. A couple pics might be a better medium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

=all Part 2:

Almost d one. Critiques welcomed.

watch 2 videos to see a current project. A couple pics might be a better me dium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.

I wish I had your confidence in knowing that there is nothing I could learn by watching a woodworking video that would make it worth watching. I love woodworking and soak up anything I can and make judgment calls along the w ay. I can't get enough sawdust related info.

Actually I'm not sure if you are projecting confidence, being foolish or bo th.

Cheers!

Reply to
brian

n by watching a woodworking video that would make it worth watching.... Act ually I'm not sure if you are projecting confidence, being foolish or both. Cheers!

I have seen that you have a passion to teach and that is laudable. However, this seemed to say "I have a new project tell me what you think". You aske d for critique. As is quite comon the critique was not on the specifc item you requested but critique non-the-less.

Also, personal preference, I really don't like watching videos unless there is some specifc thing that can't be shown any other way. It is usually the case that the vidoe takes 10 minutes to describe something that one pictur e and a few words could have accomplished in a few seconds. They usually al so leave all the sound from the power machinery which is really annoying.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I think a dust collector might make the shop look more tidy. AND get one of these,

I just switched from an acid brush and am not looking back. These brushes will hold quite a bit of glue and are a snap to clean before or after the glue dries.

Reply to
Leon

YES! I do desperately need a dust collector. My biggest fear is getting n asal cancer. I saw a guy a few years back in a Dairy Queen who lost half h is nose cancer and was wearing a prosthetic. He said he use to drive a tru ck that was filled with sawdust or contained saw dusty items (can't remembe r). I always think of that guy when I get the slightest nose irritation af ter woodworking.

I don't know about that. I like to just bend down and pick up a piece of s crap for a glue spreader; they are easy to find in my shop :)

Reply to
brian

welcomed.

watch 2 videos to see a current project. A couple pics might be a better medium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.

watching a woodworking video that would make it worth watching. I love woodworking and soak up anything I can and make judgment calls along the way. I can't get enough sawdust related info.

Looks good Brian, using Firefox there is an addon called no script which lets you select what sites can run script. It's amazing how many sites just don't work with out java. It is nice to only turn on as much as you need to.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

y=all Part 2:

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

to watch 2 videos to see a current project. A couple pics might be a better medium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.

arn by watching a woodworking video that would make it worth watching. I l ove woodworking and soak up anything I can and make judgment calls along th e way. I can't get enough sawdust related info.

Facebook and YouTube are two biggies that require it (not that I use Facebo ok). I leave mine turned on all the time and rely on my Firewall/virus pro tection. Anecdotal, but I've never had a problem as a result of doing so a nd I don't know anyone that's run into trouble either. On my video page it isn't actually my script that is using javascript, but BlipTV that require s it for their video viewer.

Thanks for commenting!

Reply to
brian

knuckleheads that have it turned off.

advertising income.

This must be the varmint here! ...

Bill

Near as I can tell, the webpage will leave 2 cookies on your machine as well.He must have forgot to mention that.

Reply to
Bill

knuckleheads that have it turned off.

advertising income.

What is that? And how is this relevant?

Reply to
brian

No cookies are used on my video page. I do however use cookies elsewhere. See my privacy policy which is published on my website:

brian

knuckleheads that have it turned off.

advertising income.

My browser downloaded it from your website. I just didn't run it. I couldn't make stuff like that up! : ) I'll double-check if you want.

Reply to
Bill

knuckleheads that have it turned off.

advertising income.

I see you changed your page. It's not even taking cookies now.

As you invited us to your webpage. You made it's content relevant. Posting "your policies" in the form of a php script seems like rubbish (to me)!

Reply to
Bill

knuckleheads that have it turned off.

your advertising income.

That file does not exist on my website. And the link you posted is not my website. Nor do I refer any user to the link you posted.

Reply to
brian

knuckleheads that have it turned off.

your advertising income.

website. Nor do I refer any user to the link you posted.

I'm suspect it just got "ajax'ed" in. I am not an expert (that's why I'm careful). Blame Mozilla; I just chose "View Page Info".

Reply to
Bill