TV saw...

...anyone checked-out that counter-rotating saw that's been hyped on TV? Actually looks useful, *especially* if it's a good build...
cg
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 21:55:06 -0800, Charlie Groh

I rank 'em right up there with Thompson's WaterUnSeal, Minwhacked stains, Crapsman tools, CONgresscritters, and Nigerian investment bankers.
-- Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!
Larry Jaques wrote:

A local TV station does "Does It Work?" segment weekly...they had a couple of handyman/contractor types try it out a year or so ago I recall.
Worked well on metal; a siding guy liked it well enough he bought the sample one from the reporterette to put in his truck...
Wood, not so much...the general contractor type was thumbs down.
So, from that I'd say would depend on the application as to whether it would be useful or not...

I had one a few years ago...gave it to a friend who was dismantling a couple of old cars to build a one out of three 1974 Duster 340. He loved it, but it broke with maybe three or four hours of use. He wasn't up for spending money on one.
They may have improved since then, of course.

Aww shit Larry, you're holdin' back some... let it out man.
RP

OK, read this and visualize it in 250 point text:
BO-GUS!
-- Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!