TV legal ad focused on table saw injuries

Page 3 of 3

I don't think that's the case - I find a featherboard mounted vertically on the fence works fine on outfeed. Featherboard equivalents mounted on riving knife are common. etc.
Mounting featherboard horizontally on saw table at outfeed is asking for trouble/injury.
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
On 5/7/14, 12:22 PM, Baxter wrote:

Can we please read the entire posts in a thread and make sure we understand the context before replying? I know it's a lot to ask. The guy said he was setting it to the width. That's not vertical.
--

-MIKE-

On Wed, 07 May 2014 14:01:03 +0000, Puckdropper wrote:

Anytime I'm ripping I use the wheeled hold-downs and anti-kickback devices. While it's still not the safest thing to do, I can usually let go of the wood and the wheels will hold it down and against the fence. Then I can turn off the saw and fix the problem. Here's a link to the ones I use:
<http://woodworker.com/anti-kickback-hold-down-mssu-96974.asp?search=table %20saw%20accessories&searchmode=2>
"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

SFWIW, I've used the BoardBuddie (Yellow) quite successfully when I ripped a little over a mile of 2x12x24ft Doug fir into 1-1/2"x5/8"x24ft battens to build my sailboat mold.
That little project took a whole weekend and filled a dumpster to the top with saw dust.
Lew

Don't see how - and maybe they're already working on it: http://tinyurl.com/maeorhg
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
On 5/7/2014 3:23 PM, Baxter wrote:

According to the PTI the technology of dropping the blade was being perused. When SawStop learned of this they amended a pending patent in March of 2012 to protect further protect the technology of a blade dropping quickly after blade contact. Apparently the patent office is allowing this amendment.
On Wed, 07 May 2014 12:31:53 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

That sawdust is my current problem. After my recent second bout with pneumonia, my lung guy lectured me about sawdust exposure. I'd been using a Dust-Bee-Gone mask and thought I was OK, but I checked and it only claims to stop stuff down to 3 microns. So I went out yesterday and bought a 3M respirator with a P100 rating. I haven't tried it yet, but I doubt it'll be as comfortable as the mask.
OTOH, it looks like it'll be more comfortable than my old Willson "gas mask" and it does give the same or better protection against finishing fumes.
How's that saying go? "If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." :-)
"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

------------------------------------------ There are some advantages to living here in SoCal including being able to do a lot of your work outside which included making those battens.
The runout table consisted of about 30 feet of roller conveyor while the infeed consisted of roller stands made from welding pipe to car tire steel rims.
At the end of the day, sweep all the saw dust into a pile and shovel it into the dumpster.
Good luck with your respirator.
Lew

Even if the PTO didn't allow this, the patent covers the sensor pretty broadly. I read through these patents a couple of years ago and came to the conclusion that Gass knows patent law pretty well. He's got another eight (give or take) clear and then some, with the less broad claims of later patents.
On Wed, 07 May 2014 18:13:43 -0500, Leon wrote:

Now *that* makes me angry! Apparently Sawstop wants to be the only table saw available. Didn't there used to be laws against monopolies?
On 5/8/2014 12:36 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

You know, it's not a monopoly. They offered it out initially. The companies turned their noses at it.
Modifying a patent is pretty common.
Read this, and notice they modified the patent. From Lee Valley , got it today. http://www.leevalley.com/us/Newsletters/Redirect.aspx?cpidL3E24E8A14BAB44DF3BD54A3BEE0D70&cid57&lid
--
Jeff