TV Console Finished!!

I finished my TV console that was based on a piece by Green Design Furniture. Cherry with book matched cherry flat panels. Three coats of a blend of 1 part tung oil to 2 parts 'Minwax Tung Oil Finish'

Firsts for this project: Book matched panels. I usually use plywood for a project like this, but I decided to step it up a notch and try solid panels. I think they came out ok, but I lost a lot of the continuity by 'maybe' planing too much from the book matched face after band sawing. (needs improvement here).

welcome.

Reply to
Garage_Woodworks

Robatoy

Very nice work!!!! You use that waxilite to keep glue from sticking during squeeze out? Good idea.

Reply to
evodawg

really look like theirs, but I'm happy with the results. I chicken'ed out on the 'center top curve' that they do, but... Maybe next time.

Reply to
Garage_Woodworks

Thank you. I glued the shelves (3/4 cherry ply) to the front rails (flush) and I was worried about glue getting on the ply (which I wouldn't want to sand). The waxilit was VERY valuable here.

Reply to
Garage_Woodworks

Looks nice!

I hope you have a proper TV to put on this.

It won't look right with a substandard television!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Would say a 50" flat panel might meet your specs?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thanks!

46" Sony LCD. Good excuse to buy a bigger TV I guess!
Reply to
Garage_Woodworks

Very nice. Like the figure in the wood, good clean lines

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I'm with them. I really like the clean lines and the uncluttered look of the face. I'll bet the wood is even more gorgeous in person.

Nicely done!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Thank you!

Reply to
Garage_Woodworks

A picture never seems to capture the awesomeness (is that a word?) of the wood for some reason.

Thanks!

Reply to
Garage_Woodworks

Very pretty.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

That is a problem, isn't it? You just can't get that 3D figure or highly quilted pattern to really pop out in a picture. OTOH, pictures can also cover over a multitude of little errors also, so I guess all in all, it's a wash.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

The console looks great. I really like your finish too. Just the right amount of color, natural wood and of course the right sheen. Unfortunately the contrast with your speakers makes them look bad! Although most speakers look bad if your really think about it. Might I suggest veneering them??!!

Great work though!

Reply to
dayvo