TV Console Finished!!

I finished my TV console that was based on a piece by Green Design Furniture. Cherry with book matched cherry flat panels. Three coats of a blend of 1 part tung oil to 2 parts 'Minwax Tung Oil Finish'
Firsts for this project: Book matched panels. I usually use plywood for a project like this, but I decided to step it up a notch and try solid panels. I think they came out ok, but I lost a lot of the continuity by 'maybe' planing too much from the book matched face after band sawing. (needs improvement here).
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/TV_Stand.htm
Comments welcome.
--
Brian
www.garagewoodworks.com

Fabulous!

Thank you! And thanks for the heads-up on the Green Designs. Mine doesn't really look like theirs, but I'm happy with the results. I chicken'ed out on the 'center top curve' that they do, but... Maybe next time.
Robatoy wrote:

Tanus
Garage_Woodworks wrote:

squeeze out? Good idea.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Thank you. I glued the shelves (3/4 cherry ply) to the front rails (flush) and I was worried about glue getting on the ply (which I wouldn't want to sand). The waxilit was VERY valuable here.

I hope you have a proper TV to put on this.
It won't look right with a substandard television!
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

Would say a 50" flat panel might meet your specs?
Lew

Thanks!
46" Sony LCD. Good excuse to buy a bigger TV I guess! <G>

Garage_Woodworks wrote:

Very nice. Like the figure in the wood, good clean lines

I'm with them. I really like the clean lines and the uncluttered look of the face. I'll bet the wood is even more gorgeous in person.
Nicely done!
Robert

A picture never seems to capture the awesomeness (is that a word?) of the wood for some reason.

Thanks!
Garage_Woodworks wrote:

quilted pattern to really pop out in a picture. OTOH, pictures can also cover over a multitude of little errors also, so I guess all in all, it's a wash.

Thank you!

The console looks great. I really like your finish too. Just the right amount of color, natural wood and of course the right sheen. Unfortunately the contrast with your speakers makes them look bad! Although most speakers look bad if your really think about it. Might I suggest veneering them??!!
Great work though!