Turning Bowls, on the Table saw and the Router Table

So much to see. Did anyone notice the whistling? : )

Reply to
Bill

Thanks, that was cool.

Very interesting design. Looks well engineered. I like that it can cross hatch or flute...

Reply to
woodchucker

So much to see. Did anyone notice the whistling? : )

I did. WW

Reply to
WW

Thanks, I wasn't sure whether Johnny Paycheck was setting up in the next room. But I sure thought I heard whistling. Waitress, please bring me a beer! I'm going bowling tonight.

Reply to
Bill

Absolutely amazing and a real treat to watch it being used. I started smiling and laughing about 30 seconds into the video and the grin didn't leave my face til it was over.

Reply to
Larry W

Looks a little scary to me.

Reply to
G. Ross

They guy was really thinking outside the box, taking the concept of cove cutting on the TS several steps further.

Reply to
Leon

Not at all. The jig keeps your hands away. When clearing the bowl out it covers the blade so you are covered there. Yes kick back can occur, stand on the outfeed side.

The concept is actually safer than a lathe. It's just as easy for a tool to grab the wood and cause the tool to fly. Or it's easy for a lathe to cause the wood to fracture and fly.

I was impressed with the level of flexibility... including the gear that allows designing the bowls with etchings.

This was just way cool.

Reply to
woodchucker

Yes, that's the "happiest" woodworking video ever. I've watched it at least 5 times and have caught myself starting to whistle along! My compliments to the artist!

Reply to
Bill