Turning Bowls, on the Table saw and the Router Table

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

Leon wrote:

So much to see. Did anyone notice the whistling? : )
"Bill" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

So much to see. Did anyone notice the whistling? : )
I did. WW
WW wrote:

Thanks, I wasn't sure whether Johnny Paycheck was setting up in the next room. But I sure thought I heard whistling. Waitress, please bring me a beer! I'm going bowling tonight.
On 12/21/2013 6:04 PM, Leon wrote:

Thanks, that was cool.
Very interesting design. Looks well engineered. I like that it can cross hatch or flute...
--
Jeff

Absolutely amazing and a real treat to watch it being used. I started smiling and laughing about 30 seconds into the video and the grin didn't leave my face til it was over.
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

On 12/22/2013 9:09 AM, Larry W wrote:

They guy was really thinking outside the box, taking the concept of cove cutting on the TS several steps further.
Larry W wrote:

Yes, that's the "happiest" woodworking video ever. I've watched it at least 5 times and have caught myself starting to whistle along! My compliments to the artist!
Leon wrote:

Looks a little scary to me.
--
 GW Ross

 The way to a man's heart is through
On 12/22/2013 10:22 AM, G. Ross wrote:

Not at all. The jig keeps your hands away. When clearing the bowl out it covers the blade so you are covered there. Yes kick back can occur, stand on the outfeed side.
The concept is actually safer than a lathe. It's just as easy for a tool to grab the wood and cause the tool to fly. Or it's easy for a lathe to cause the wood to fracture and fly.
I was impressed with the level of flexibility... including the gear that allows designing the bowls with etchings.
This was just way cool.
--
Jeff