Turned Whistle

http://lumberjocks.com/LateNightOwl/blog/15578
I found this last night looking for a neat lathe project. I've done about 30 tops, and was ready to try something different. This whistle really works great! Mary Anne's post gave just the right amount of detail to make things work the first time.
Puckdropper
On 6/24/2016 9:16 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

Pretty cool project and a perfect stocking stuffer for the kids.
Puckdropper wrote:

one out of a piece of bamboo. (picture on ABPW) The flat does not extend to the outside and has a hole drilled into it to the center of the plug. Then I drilled a hole from the outside center of the plug to intersect with the other drilled hole. It is attached to my air line with two valves, the top one to regulate the maximum air flow and the bottom one made from an air gun to actually blow the whistle. It sounds like the quitting-time whistle at the cotton mill. I blow it before walking out of the shop at quitting time.
--
GW Ross

Eye of newt, toe of frog, and a side