TurboCAD tutorials

I've got TurboCAD Pro v12

Progress in learning this is slooooow. I not a newbie to software, I use Visio, PhotoShop CS2, and lots of other apps well.

Does anyone know of some online (free hopefully) tutorials that can help me get started with drawing shapes in 2D and 3D? Any of them geared to woodworking use?

Appreciate any help,

RangerPaul

Reply to
Ranger Paul

CAD takes some time to learn - a lot of time for the more involved programs.

Here are some older TurboCAD tutorials - most of the stuff will still be relevant.

one in particular would be a good place to start:

RicodJour

The links look like an excellent place to start. Thank you very much.

RP

Reply to
Ranger Paul

when I used to use TCad the forums on turbocad.com or the imsisoft site were an unmatched source of information and help. Highly recommend you find them read them and use them.

Tim w

Reply to
Tim W

Ranger Try Morris Dovey. As I recall he has some Cad setup in operation. Look here or in the *pics* group.

Reply to
Joe

Nothing beats a real college for something like that. Lecture every day, notes taken, daily assignments, homework, regular hand-in projects, regular tests, studying, exams. It really helps to see/ be taught the real-world procedure to know how to put it all into practise.

But picking up a real textbook, and reading it front to back, especially several of them, gives you a very good impression of whats going on. Start searching by title at the library, or buy. You may be able to connect all the dots through the points you learned reading.

If you remember autoexec.bat, config.sys, command.com, io.sys, mscd000, loadhigh, etc. I learned all that through books. Its like that. AutoCAD too. If you cannot do something, it may be an error in procedure, or one of the other little settings set somewhere else. Which ones take practice.

Reply to
bent