Turbo Cad Question

Im new to using Turbo Cad and have a quick question that I cant figure out. Im sure its pretty simple.

Let say for sake of argument I make a square 12"x"12 at cordinate 10"x10". How can I move that square 1" to the left - ie make the cordinates 9"x10"??

The help says I can just type in the coordinates - but that does not seem to work.

Any help would be great.

Reply to
Rob V

Yes, there is usually a small window at the bottom. select the line, then the numbers should show in the window. Then change the size to what you really want. I dont have it in front of me to give solid answer. Im not sure if it will shorten to left or right.

If you use the parametric dimensioning or the constraints you can control which way it shortens. But you should ask in the turbocad usergroup. go to turbocad website and select support. On the right click on Turbocad user discussion forums. You might have to register a username before you can view.

Reply to
dnoyeB

Select the square, then hit tab. That will put you in the first field of a line at the bottom that gives both size and position. Change the fields as desired and hit enter. Play with it - pretty soon it'll be easy.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard