TS resaw ?

Have 1.25" 4/4 poplar to resaw that has wedge cuts for standards for shelf supports . Would it be advantageous to make progressive cuts instead of a single cut to part the material? Am behind timeline so will make progressive cuts and report anomilies if any. Responses if any will build knowledge base (whatever that is).

Reply to
Bob Bowles

Bob,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have 1-1/4" thick poplar that you want to rip in half ? Not sure what you mean by wedge cuts. Are you saying the edge of the resawn poplar will be made into a sliding dovetail ?

At any rate, with only 1-1/4" to cut thru, no problem on cutting in one pass and would be preferable to making multiple passes.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

After posting I realized a senior moment had just ended. I've read MANY times that incremental passes are the best way to go. Alternative is half way and flip ends and finish. Doing it this way disclosed blade slightly off 90°. Sorry about bandwidth waste!

Reply to
Bob Bowles