TS rails

Does anyone know how I can upgrade the fence system on my 1980's vintage Craftsman 1hp 10" TS without spending more than I paid for it?
I would have suggested this site which I used for my former craftsman ts. maybe you can get one from eBay. They work pretty well and go on a craftsman ts easy. http://www.accufence.com /

On 18 Jan 2004 08:15:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (TRY) wrote:

i got a set of rails and fence from a 40's unisaw that you can get cheep if you are near raliegh N. C. you may need to do some metal work to make em fit. the fence is servicable and the rails appear to be strait. i upgraded to a beis last month and no longer need this one. skeez
In rec.woodworking snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (TRY) wrote:

I'm building a copy of a Beisemeyer Fence and it couldn't be any cheaper really. You can get some ideas how to get started here:
http://www.tdl.com/~swensen/machines/fence/fence.html
but I do NOT like his locking mechanism and am making a cam lock type just like a ShopFox or Beisemeyer. I'll post pics and plans when done but it is going to be a few weeks. I'm figuring mine will cost be around $50-60 total when I'm done.
If you have a table saw and you can do some woodworking, build your own. After much reluctance I have started some metal working with 6061 Aluminum. Using my tablesaw with a carbide blade the 6061 machines great. I had read it did but thought it sounded scarry. Anyway, using the above design as a reference, I'd goto ebay and under industrial-metalworking-aluminum goto low cost metals and get some 6061 and make your own.
Bruce wrote:

On 18 Jan 2004 08:15:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (TRY) wrote:

I got a biesemeyer fence from their scratch and dent page:
http://www.biesemeyer.com/specials/index.htm
and fabbed up rails from locally purchased steel.     Bridger
Why not spend what it takes to have a quality fence system? I also had a POS Craftsman TS. I bought a $300 Incra TSIII. It transformed that POS into a decent cutting machine. When I unloaded the Craftsman, I kept the Incra and put it on the new Jet TS, transforming a medocre, standard-issue Jet fence into a quality cutting machine.
Bob

Check out the Vega system. I love mine.

In rec.woodworking

It is a constant mystery too me why you guys don't read the question and answer it APPROPRIATELY! I'll guarantee you he didn't pay $300 for the table saw and he specifically asked about a fence for LESS than he paid.

Sears' upgrade, Alignarip, is about $150. Mine works fine.
out of the shop and said. . .:

i would not let ANYONE use the one i took off my C'man saw... its not even worth the scrap metal... its better than nuttin, i'll give ya that. but for all the hassle i got from it,,,after i put the Excalibur on it, i never looked back a t-square and c-clamps would service ya better and stay where you put it better than the align-a-rip 24/24 system