TS Question

Page 2 of 2

charlie b wrote:

For most of those tasks I just use a regular dial indicator with magnetic base. For things involving the table saw slots, the mag base sticks just fine to the mitre gauge.
Chris
Chris Friesen wrote:

Same here.
Yeah, it's the damn blade you just hung on it. Just crank it up all the way and use any cnveniently-sized square to chack it (you have those?) Don't touch the teeth, OK? Man, why do you think everthing has to be perfect? I do perfect work for a living and believe me, it ain't the table saw where I look for it.

I will give you the benefit of knowing why your method of squaring a blade 90 degrees to the table will not always work rather than your answer of Horse Shit.
Not all blades have parallel sides. Many are hollow ground.