TS molding head - worth it?

Page 2 of 2
Not to me. Scares me with the noise, and the memory of a shattered piece years ago which whizzed past my ears. You know how they have modified the router bits so they can't be overfed and kick? I'll (maybe) buy one for my saw again when that happens. Tabled routers and multiple level passes make all the broad moldings you could wish. Shapers make 'em better.

My comments are about the same as the rest.
I have an old Sears one that I use once in a blue moon for beading. Scares the shit out of me, but I am still kickin' .
I would not go out of my way to buy one.
Bill

Did you run this moulding in a single pass, or did you make multiple passes to finished depth?
--
Rumpty

=============================I use mind once every OTHER blue moon...and like the other poster it scares the shit out of me also... I Usually do the cut in one pass... but what scares me is that the noise is really wicket... not the noise when cutting just the spinning head....
Bob Griffiths