TS Fence

... just curious. How much runout (front to back) do you guys set on your TS Fence?
Thanks, Tex
Tex wrote:

each side of the blade.

ZERO.

Tex,
Take this answer with a touch of salt on the rim of your glass.......;-)
This is often asked here, so there's ton's of past threads if you do a Google search. But I'm not telling you to do that 'cause the answer is right here... It's Friday night, I've had my one beer for the week and I'm a lookin for a fight - this may as well be it.......
Those that subscribe to the theory that you need to toe-out your fence have sloppy equipment to begin with and they have no idea of what they're doing besides. I've always figured they were Neander's trying to be Normites but just can't make the grade.
If you have to put a little skew into your fence - don't ask how much, ask - why?
ZERO..... is the answer and if you're having problems with that setting, then fix your saw. If you can't get it set so it doesn't burn, kick-back or otherwise cause plain old grief, then something is out of alignment. It may be just a simple saw alignment or shimming or replacing the faces on your fence so you can rip wood with the fence - parallel - to the blade.
Now let the flames begin and see if you get one reasonable answer that makes sense and justifies why you would want to toe-out the fence and purposely induce error into an otherwise aligned table saw.
Bob S.

Jeepers Bob, you are a meeean drunk. LOL
damn Leon - you're the only grizzly I could git a rise out of.....losing my touch....more beer.....
Bob S.