TS Adjustment Question

Page 2 of 2

George wrote:

Don't use belt dressing on any belt anywhere at any time.
--
{neatly edited}
The mini thread on belts was good they did seem loose. Manuel didn't say how to judge how tight to get them. Tightened them up and cut is better less grabby a little more buttery feed, having trouble with blade marks. Newest 'feature' in addition to the slop when lifting the arbor up is that the whole assembly moves front to back a slightly between the trunion saddles. Just doesn't seem like this saw should have so much play Back to PM tech line

'grabby'
still
play
be
I'll

this is easy enough to adjust out, but it means pulling the saw top. it sounds like it's about time to do that anyway- go through the saw from top to bottom and adjust everything....

What blade are you using? Blades that come with table saws are typically not the best. I am not sure if that applies to the PM66 or not.
Thanks for the suggestions. The latest is I now get amazing glass smooth cuts in 8/4 cherry and maple if it keeps cutting like this I will abandon my practice of cleaning up cuts on the jointer. I think it was a combo of errors. It started with terrible burning and grabby feed on said boards so I started adjusting the rip fence toe. In the process I switched from regular kerf blade to thin kerf blade (Both WWIIs)thinking that one would be easier to achieve adjustment with. So from the other post the suggestion came up about the belt tension... seemed pretty loose and I tightened that up. Much better feel to the cut much more power from the motor but lots of saw marks, adjusting the toe wasn't helping a lot which I last set to about 0.008". So I get to thinking about that thin kerf blade sure enough lay it on the table and it has some unevenness. I put the 1/8" blade back on and absolutely beautiful rips ... nickel stays on edge even while cutting The weird thing about the gears is that there is no backlash in the movements from up to down. T I'm still bugged about the play and am going to track down a local PM rep. but I'm not one to argue with the results I now get. If the little bit of slop was a problem I don't see anyway I could get the results I now get. It was a good exercise to get under the saw and see how much iron this thing has

'grabby'
still
play
be