Trying To Identify Writing Desk

I'm trying to identify a presumably famous writing desk. I know it was made in England and lived in a famous house.

The desk has a single draw with 2 handles making up the base. It sits on narrow turned legs with castors.

The draws are unusual, in that they curve around the top of the desk. There are two layers of draws no more the 12 inches high, 4 in the middle and 2 on the ends.

There are also inlays between the middle draws and where it curves round, as well as some sort of veneered border on the top of the piece.

Anyone know what this is? I have a black & white drawing if it would help.

Robert.

Reply to
Robert Atkinson