Trying to find best price in USA for Delta's new X5 bandsaw...I've already Googled plenty...

I've search the 'net for companies that sell Delta equipment. Haven't found any outstanding deals yet. Amazon has one of the lowest prices, but I want it CHEAPER than that. it's the 28-475X. It doesn't come with a mobile stand, but that's one of the choices, instead of a $50 rebate. It also doesn't come with the fence, which I've found for $92.00 Best I've found is $899 and no tax or shipping. These prices don't entice me to order...

Anyone want to share the name of a company that can do better on price?

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Tool king?

Reply to
Bill Wallace

Seems to me that online and local prices have reached a parity of sorts lately.

I just bought a new jointer to replace the old one. I would have purchased it locally in any event, but I fully expected to see a big savings online from the local price. That wasn't the case.

Have the local retailers finally forced this on the distributors/manufacturers, or have the online guys lost all the money they are prepared to lose?

Reply to
Swingman

Jim K spaketh...

Oh I don't know. I bought my TS locally and was missing parts so I called the dealer who told me that he checked the box personally and all the parts were there prior to selling it and to call Delta. Hmmm, that good local service... I was so glad I paid extra for it.

Reply to
McQualude

and I bet you paid a bit more than "pi" percent for the privilege, huh?

dave

McQualude wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Seems to be some confusion. In the subject line you asked for the best price, but in the body you are asking for the lowest price. There is a difference.

Besides, if you buy at the lowest price your reputation will be tarnished ;) Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'd hate to be dull and tarnished! I'll go with the highest price, to maintain my reputation. :) I better call the local store, so I can pay CA tax too. Help out with our deficit.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave