Tru-Grip promo vs Amazon et al prices

was researching feedback & prices on the griset products, saw an old message refer to clampsplus. Obviously clampsplus is a storefront for Griset Industries, but anyway the pricing in this url is way better than most of the hits (99% Toolcrib-Amazon) when I googled "tru-grip"
ymmv John
http://www.clampsplus.com/products-pro2.html
WOW!
My all time favorite tool for beginner or advanced woodworker. This is a great price and I did not know they had the new version. Can't wait to upgrade to a few of the new ones!
Thanks for the Info John!
Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Woodworker www.woodworkinghobby.com

Can't add anything to a cart on that site. Get an error. Anyone else tried?
message

Never mind...I see where they are updating their cart software. You have to call them to place an order until that is done..

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:57:09 GMT, "Blue"
(snip msg)
I'm sorry, forgot to mention the shopping cart don't work, the demos don't work. I got a little suspicious cause the prices elsewhere seammed kinda shall we say "fixed"? Almost reminded me of the old state fair trade laws & firearm sales mainly Remington & Winchester. When I called in pregnant anticipation to place my order for the show-promo special (sounds like Patel's "3-pack special" at the 7-11) I digress; & the nice lady name of Stephanie suspiciously asks me "where did you get this information?" I say the name 'clampsplus' came up on usenet search back in 02 or 01 so I just put the 'clampsplus' between the www and the com & lo & behold comes up a site peddling griset products and you (Steph) are Griset Ind aren't you. She say yes (that don't happen too often in my case) & I say the price is good? She say yes again. So I come right out & ask why the cloak & dagger. Turns out this is a future promo & they didn't know their own website was up & running. I think their past website was probably 'tru-grip'. I asked her if they are selling a lot of the packages, she laughed, said no, I was the first off that promotion. I told her don't be surprised if vendors like Amazon get their pants in a wad for being undercutted by the supplier but I thanked her for the sale to me. The whole mess came to $219 total which $30 shipping, $189 for 2FTR, 4FTR, 8FTR, Stop block, saw base, & router base, & a big mess of t-nuts, rubber clamp pads, etc. When it came it was like Christmas around here. "where's John? Oh he's out playing with his......clamps
Well crap. Apparently after you ordered, they took the site down. :o(((
wrote:

tried?
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 04:01:24 GMT, "Blue"
try 1 800 257 6060 I got the impression from the lady there (Stephanie) a third party was doing the web site for them and it sounded like the fact it was up & running was a surprise for them & about 6 weeks too soon. BTW, the storefront or DBA if you want to call it that is "Showtime Tool Sales" but she answered the phone "Griset Industries". It was a weird transaction (conversation), but they processed the order, CC & shipped UPS without hesitation and at 5:00PM EST (2:00PM PST) to boot.