Trivet

Hi,

I would like to make a simple slatted trivet, but I can't find any suitable plans.

Please could you post some,

Cheers, SB

Reply to
SB

Anyone got any decent plans??

------------------------

Reply to
SB

Sam

Rather than ask here for plans search on google or any other search site and see what's commercially available. If your then unsure how to build it ask here with the web site address and someone will then suggest how to proceed.

I searched google and found the following plans

Good luck

Steve

Reply to
Steve Williams

I'm not sure exactly what you had in mind, but one of my simple trivet projects doesn't really need plans. Just cut half-lap cuts at some interval and glue up. Space down about half of the page.

Lawrence L'Hote

You don't need plans. You need a router in a table and either a straight bit or core box bit. I'd post photos of the ones I've done but my other computer is in the shop right now.

Cut a square of wood, about 5/8" thick. Make a pass right down the center. Turn the part over and make a pass perpendicular to the first. They should be deep enough to leave a hole where they intersect.

Put a 1" spacer against the fence. Make a pass one either side of center, flip and repeat. Add another spacer, repeat. You end up with a waffle looking trivet.

Once set up, you can knock a bunch out in a short time. Make one pass, flip, make the other passes and th en do the next. You will want to make a couple of passes cutting deeper each time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Or: put a straddle fence one inch away from the bit. In short, same setup as box joints.

Best are two 3/8" thick squares glued crossgrain so there won't be any need to clear tearout. Each is routed with the grain.

Reply to
George

I don't have specific plans but I've made dozens of trivets--mostly for use under plants to keep them up off the floor or deck. I use old pallet wood and start with 1/2" square sticks, evenly spacing them 2 or 3" apart. I place the same number of sticks perpendicular to those laid out. Then I put a dot of glue at each crossing. After the glue dries I apply a stain and finish. I miter the ends of the sticks to

30 degrees not only for aesthetics, but this makes it easier to slide the trivet across the carpet if it is holding a heavy potted plant.
Reply to
Phisherman

I've made some decent looking ones by basically framing a ceramic tile. I've made them from different sizes and types of tile.

All I did was rip stock for the frame around the tile, rebate the back for the tile, nail and glue up the frame, stain and varnish as desired, glue in tile and place rubber feet or felt tabs on the underside.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt