Triton TRC 001 Router

Kind of a jack of all trades type router.

I can't verify whether you can make adjustments from the top of the table or not. That is not an uncommon trait to many routers these days, Including the Bosch 1617 EVS. I have that router too but an early one and it did not yet have that feature. I bought it in 1998.
Back to the Triton, my Triton. There is a dial inside the end of one of the handles that converts the router from fixed base to a plunge router. I use it in the fixed base router configuration in my router table. The router is also built for easy spring removal for upside down configurations. For coarse adjustments you release the lock lever, found on most plunge routers, and pull in on an inner ring on the handle with the dial and twist the handle, that gives you the fast coarse adjustment. Then there is a small black stand alone knob that lets you fine tune the height adjustment. It is so easy to use that set up and I have not wanted for an above table adjustment set up. Most of the time when I make the fine adjustment I squat down and look across the top of the table at the bit. The fine adjust knob is on the front side of the router in this set up and might be easier to reach than from the top of the table when in a squatting position.
I did just go to the Triton web site and watched the video. It does appear that the TRA001 now has a roll pin "T" at the opposite end of the fine adjustment knob. Looks like a small slotted pipe would engage that from the top side of the router table.
I bought mine during the controversy, IIRC it was all about the door you slide open to flip the power switch. Apparently the door was trapping dust and causing problems. My router has a bellows like seal around the rocker switch behind that door. I have not has one issue with that configuration.
FWIW this particular router has not seen extensive use but I have used it for hours on end non stop at multiple times. When I was first looking at this router it reminded me of of something you might find at Harbor Freight, except for the price. I was not and still am not impressed with its looks. ;~) But all that aside I have not had a moments trouble out of it since I got it up until now.
IMHO it is perfect for the router table. I am not at all a fan of a single wrench for changing bits routers. This is a single wrench router. In a router table this is not an issue. The only way to loosen or tighten the collet is to extend the router full up/down. This action engages a spring loaded shaft lock. The router base actually pushes the lock into place. Stupid simple. If the router is being used free hand I dislike, like any router with single wrench bit change, having to grab the router where ever you can get a good grip and turning the wrench with the other. I prefer squeezing two winches in my hand for that procedure. In a router table, I don't care, the table is holding the router. This is not a unique problem with the Triton.
Like most any huge plunge router this one might be a bit top heavy in a stand alone plunge configured set up.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

My DeWalt electronics died, and I replaced them. It is in my router table and is seldom used anymore, but it works fine. Bought it in the early 90's.
--
GW Ross

Never drink from your finger bowl, it