Triton Respirator

I've been thinking about a Triton Respirator for a couple years now. I love playing with my lathe, and the amount of dust it kicks up is sometimes a problem. I have a beard, so normal masks don't fit very well, and because I wear glasses, the masks tend to make my glasses steam up.
I've read a couple of reviews (about a year ago) on the Triton system, and it sounds pretty good. The one complaint I have read however is that the air hose is a little inflexible. Triton's comment was that they were fixing it.
Has anyone actually seen / used this newer unit yet? Any comments?
Thanks
Brian

Not that unit exactly, but I have a Trend Airshield, and am very happy with it. No hose.
No comments, except my friends can tell when I've been creating a lot of sawdust. I shave my beard off. Cheaper that way. Tom

Yes, seen it/worn it at a demo. The hose comment is correct, but it's not too much of a big deal. They are quite pricey though.
If you want to save some $$$ I have an article (somewhere) about making your own. Basically, it's an industrial safety (hard) hat with clear visor, then with a piece of cloth and elastic border sewed/attached with Velcro around the whole thing. Air is fed in from an old hair dryer (heater removed !!) and perhaps 3-4 feet of soft flexi hose. The author reckoned it beat all the commercial units, including the Racal airstream. It's on my list of things to make when I get a Round Tuit.
Barry Lennox

love
because I

and
fixing
Which is probably a lot better approach for woodworkers than shelling out $300 for a respirator system. In the woodworking world everything is pretty much big stuff - easy to filter. Simple to accomplish in the above manner. In the painting world it's a different story. But then again in the painting world you can't get out of a good respirator for a measly $300 either.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net