Triton Respirator

I see that Rockler is now carrying the Triton Respirator, kind of a knock-off of the 3M Air mate, but less expensive. Has anyone used one of these, and is it worth the investment?
Thanks, tms
I'd suggest you get some evidence that the filters are rated at 99.97% efficient at 0.3 microns for ANY respirator, with certification from an independent testing lab. Wood dust is carcinogenic, some species are highly toxic, and it can kill you.
Back up your respirator with a top-quality dust collection system that is based on a well-designed cyclone with ample air flow (can't always believe the "specifications" in a lot of catalogs). I produce such systems. Contact me for further info if needed.
CE
Tim Schubach wrote:

"Clarke Echols" wrote in message ...

The respirator meets Australian Standard AS/NZS 1716. This standard contains three particulate filter classes: P1, P2 and P3.
P2, which is the recommended filter by Triton, is the equivalent of the American N95 class. The only difference is with marking and labelling to meet the Australian Standard.
The Triton can also take the P1 filters but it is _not_ a VOC respirator, that is, not for spraying purposes, just dust.
The short answer to the question is the P2 (N95) filters will remove 95% (i.e. N95 = 95%) of particulates down to 0.3 micron.
N95 is generally recommended for woodworking (but not for finishing). Note that the Triton also uses pre-filtering.
Greg
Yes and Yes