Trip: anywhere/one in the Monterey California area I should visit?

Page 2 of 2

If you like a nice drive through the redwoods and a good beer, try a drive up Highway 1 to Santa Cruz, then take Highway 9 over to Saratoga. Along the way you can stop at Henfling's Tavern in Ben Lomond. Good microbrews on tap and you can throw horseshoes in the back!
If you don't want to go over the hilltop to Saratoga, why not go to Big Basin State Park (via Highway 9 and Boulder Creek) and see some really big wood!
--
John Snow
"If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be here"
Dave Balderstone wrote:

if you drive down into big sur on highway 1, about 1/2 way through the area there's a place that harvests local jade (jadite?). i've gotten some thin slabs for inlaying there.

Oooh!
Thanks for the tip.
--
Was that last sig line lame or what?