Trimming the corners

I'm working on building a gate, and cutting mortises for the slats with a 1/2" bit in the router. The slats are also 1/2".
If I trim the corners using my trusty pocket knife, I tend to get a shallow cut at the top and a deeper cut at the bottom. Using the router (a router/shaper really) seemed to do the rounding job quite well, but left a lot of fuzz behind.
Does anyone have any recommendations on what to use to trim the corners?
Puckdropper
"Puckdropper" wrote:

Why push on a rope?
Use a 10" flat bastard file and break the corners on the tenons?
You won't significantly reduce the glue surface area, and life will get a whole lot simpler.
Lew

It sure will! I knew I had the wrong tool for the job, it was just taking too much effort.
I'll get the file out, trim the corners and be off and running.
Thanks!
Puckdropper

Finish Sander?