trimming masonite doors questions

And the last two are regular doors, and they come with 6-3/4" bottom rails, and 3-3/4" tops. So if I need to cut 6-1/2" total off one, (and 3-3/8" off the other), I'm thinking that if I cut half of 6-1/2", or 3-1/4", obviously I'd have almost no top rail left. But how much top to leave, out of 6-1/2"? There is approx. twice as much bottom as top - so maybe 33 and 66 percent, cut off the top, and bottom, respectively. That leaves (1) 3-3/8" x .333 = 1-1/8", so 2-5/8" top, and 4-1/2" bottom left, AND (2) 6-1/2" x .333 = 2-5/16", 1-7/16" top, and 2-7/16" bottom left.

I think this looks good on paper. Maybe I'll come back and try the first and second too.

Thanks

This is all in the basement.

Reply to
bent

Sounds goods to me.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

thanks for hanging in

Reply to
bent

replying to bent, millworkman wrote: Home Depot does not cut doors in store. They can be special ordered to the customer's desired measurements and cut custom by the manufacturer.

Reply to
millworkman

replying to bent, millworkman wrote: Also the block around the perimeter of all hollow core doors made by Masonite are all approximately 3/4". Don't cut anything more than 3/8" from any block/ Cut the entire block out and put it back in using wood glue and clamps to ensure the block sets back on the door properly without jeopardizing its structural integrity.

Reply to
millworkman