Trimming Hariplank

The hardiplank webpage is vague on trimming. For example, at an outside corner the trim could either go on first and the plank butted against it, or the plank could go on first and the trim applied on top.
Does it make any difference which method is used?
Ray

Take your pick. My house is done both ways. I prefer trim covering the plank.

I'm doing my house now using Hardiplank and cement fiber trim. The trim is going on first and the siding butted up against it... chaulking as I go.
John
Trim on top leaves spaces for critters. Wilson

True, but they are not going to eat much if panels and trim are Hardi products and if not there, they will be some where else.