Trimming edge banding methods>

Tried scraper (too dull), spokeshave (cut too much). Olfa cutter (Guess dull blade) and ended up with quarter sheet sander. Any other methods?

Sharp chisel run with the flat side down.
Bob Bowles wrote:

router with flush-trim bit
(more power!)
************************************ Chris Merrill snipped-for-privacy@christophermerrillZZZ.net (remove the ZZZ to contact me) ************************************
Thanks for suggestion but trim bit bearing binds and burns wood. Didn't grow up with planes so they're kinds off base. DDid buy a couple blades for the Olfa Rotary Cutter that got the job done. Wife has a larger one for quilting and has replaced blades several times. Several makers of these and Wallyworld has blades on pegs. Sometimes I wonder how stupid I can get and sometimes it isn't needed.

block plane then 400 grit sand paper
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net says...

that adjusts to the width of the stock, and has knives (non-rotary) on both sides. Squeeze hard, and slide it down the stock: works!
Kim
Another method if the OP is talking about the 1/32 to 1/16 thin edge banding: * Use a knife to trim the ends -- two or three passes...doing it in one pass with wood edge banding is asking for frayed ends. * Then use a file (smooth bastard or the kind sold as an axe file).
Tilt and bevel the file at about 45 degrees, and file in the direction of the untouched banding to the material being banded. You want to be shearing the waste material off, and pressing the banding into the core stock at the same time. Not sure if these directions are clear. I am better at doing things than talking about it.
--
There is only one period and no underscores in the real email address.

Get a Virutex. edge banding trimmer.