"Trimchamp" help needed

Hi folks

Any Trimchamp/Trimtramp owners out there?

I purchased a Trimchamp saw table on ebay recently, sans instruction manual. I think mine's a model 400 - the larger free-standing one. Since the company seems to have gone out of business I would gladly pay photocopy/postage costs to anyone who'd be kind enough to share a copy of their manual with me.

Also, caveat emptor, the table I purchased is missing the hardware required to mount the skil saw's base to the sliding platform on the table - can anyone give me a description of these pieces (pretty confident I can jury rig something, just need some hints!).

Final Question: there's a wire bale attached to a spring-loaded cord that retacts into the unit. The purpose of this has got me stumped. Seems like it should attach to the sliding platform, but I can't figure out what it would do (certainly not enough tension on the cord to pull the platform down the track or through the workpiece).

TIA, Steve

Reply to
Steve Bowley

Steve,

I've got a model 300. I'd be happy to scan the instruction sheets and send them your way if you can wait a day or two. It's probably close enough for you to get the idea. Their web site is

but it's 404 as you already seem to know.

It's been a while since I mucked with it (make me an offer...) but IIRC, they supply some clamps to clamp the adaptor plate to your saw's base. I didn't use them and just drilled and tapped some holes in the saw base (I dedicated a saw to it) and drilled matching holes in the adaptor, countersunk them and screwed the two together with short flat head screws. I suppose there is a slight chance I still have the little clamps (where they are is another matter...).

Again, IIRC, the wire bail thing is to retract the saw's guard at the appropriate time, since it won't work in the usual way. I think I had to drill a hole in the guard for it to hook onto.

Let me know if you want me to scan the sheets.

Paul Franklin

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

you know what to leave out

Reply to
Paul Franklin

Don't know how old this post is. I have the model 300 and have been looking for the larger model. If you hear of one for sale, let me know. Thanks, Bob

Reply to
bobstenson

I have a "trim tramp"

Reply to
clare

Hi all, I am looking to replace the TrimTramp template. Can anyone provide the specific dimensions of this this piece?

Reply to
Andrew

I wondered if you had any luck with the template size for your trim tramp?...If not, let me know I will measure mine for you...I have the professional model.

Reply to
catflea57

replying to catflea57, Marvin wrote: Don't know about him, but I am looking for those dimensions, as I have misplaced my template and am otherwise ready to begin a big job with my model

300.....would sure appreciate those dimensions...
Reply to
Marvin

Used to work for them... Email me if you still need help

Reply to
JonN

After almost 17 years, one would think he's past help.

Reply to
krw

Hi Jon, Do you happen to have instruction manuals for these tables? I have a 300, 320 and a 400 that are missing various small pcs and the manuals. Thanks troywoods at bmts dot com

Reply to
cubevandude

i have some misc hardware and i found the old manual... i have a fair bit of knowledge about the units ...what do you need specifically im also not on this a lot so im sorry for the late response

Reply to
Jon

never hurts to try...lol also in case anyone else needs info for the future...

Reply to
Jon

sorry,_account was ...misplaced... what do you need specifically i have a hard copy of the manual, but its not scanned and i dont own a scanner anymore... as far as pieces... i have the knowledge and maybe a handfull of misc parts.... what do you need specifically? _

Reply to
Jon Nelken

I can email it to you..pdf file

Reply to
rob

Hi Rob,

I just saw your post -- I also own a Trimchamp without a manual. If you have a PDF of it, I'd really appreciate a copy!

Thanks, Rick rick.paull> I can email it to you..pdf file

Reply to
Rick Paullin

Hi Rob,

I just deleted my previous post -- I own a Trimchamp without a manual.

Thank you so much for sending me a PDF of the manual -- it is very much appreciated!

Thanks aga> I can email it to you..pdf file

Reply to
Rick Paullin