Trim Router: Rigid Fixed Base vs. Grizzly T27139 Plunge - Opinions?

The Rigid Fixed Base Trim Router is $99 with a free 1/4 sheet sander tossed in.
I don't need another sander, but if the router is any good, I'd spring for it. Good reviews and the lifetime guarantee is nice too.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-5-5-Amp-Trim-Router-with-Free-1-4-Sheet-Sander-R24011/202488411
Grizzly has Plunge trim router for $85 with shipping.
www.grizzly.com/products/Laminate-Trim-Router-with-Plunge-Base/T27139
No reviews, 1 year warranty, but the plunge base would be nice. I've never bought a "Grizzly" tool.
It seems like a trim router would be perfect for rounding over the edges of the Doug Fir I'm using to build a bed, as well the mortises for the rail fasteners and other recesses I have to make.
<$100 fits the budget. Too much more and I'll just use the big ole PC fixed base, but I'd rather not.
Thoughts? Thanks!

I have a Ryobi and Bosch Colt. The Ryobi doesn't have soft start, and the kick easily moves the router an inch when it starts. The Bosch has soft start, and it's much easier to use.
I really don't miss the plunge features, but I really didn't make a whole lot of use of the larger plunge router base on my full-size Ridgid either.
I didn't see if the Grizzly has a LED light, but they're really nice especially on routers and other tools that tend to shadow ambient light. [Aside: Why they're not on Bosch Jigsaws is either massive idiocy or patents.]
If you've got a Menards nearby, it might be worth adding a Bosch Colt to your list. They had them down to ~80 at one time, including 11% rebate. I don't know what they are now (but the 11% isn't going on AFAIK).
Puckdropper
On 7/17/16 5:45 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

I'm looking close at the Makita, which comes with a plunge base and has really good dust collection.
--

-MIKE-

On 7/17/2016 5:48 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

set however, I had a job that required that I trim laminate at a 15 degree angle and I needed a tilt base.
You can use one or two wrenches to loosen and tighten the collet.
https://www.amazon.com/Makita-RT0701CX7-1-1-Compact-Router/dp/B00HAQMHEO
On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 6:45:59 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

The Grizzly manual doesn't mention an LED or Soft Start.
No Menard's near me, just Lowes & HD.
Colt Single Speed $97, Variable Speed $119, Plunge Base $83.
Those prices sure make the $74 Grizzly Plunge kit pretty cheap. Sort of makes one wonder why, although the answer might be obvious.
On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 14:55:41 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

$100 seems do-able. I like my Bosch Colt.
<https://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditioned-Bosch-PR20EVSK-RT-1-Horsepower-Variable/dp/B000ANRZE6/ref=sr_1_8?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid 68795432&sr=1-8&keywords=bosch+trim+router> $10 more gets a new one.
On 7/17/2016 5:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

need them.
a full size router will do all of what you need too. Just set the end you are routing on your bench, use a fence, and your good. The end of the bench provides the support on the other side of the router and a 2x4 jointed and clamped provides the top side support. Just saying.
--
Jeff

On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 9:15:05 PM UTC-4, woodchucker wrote:

I know a full size router will do the job, it's done it on the three other beds I've built.
Don't you want me to buy a new tool?

http://www.cpooutlets.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-cpooutlets-Site/default/Search-Show?q=bosch%20colt&srule=Reconditioned&start=0&sz 0
$77.99 variable speed, I like mine
On 7/17/2016 4:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Take a look at this router from MCLS, $70, It is pretty much an exactly copy of a Makita that I have, and the Makita is a great router. I nought the one with carry bag and 4 different bases for about $200 a few years ago.
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/rocky30_router.html
https://www.amazon.com/Makita-RT0701CX7-1-1-Compact-Router/dp/B00HAQMHEO

Does it at least fit in a Systainer? ;-)
Puckdropper
On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 8:50:06 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

Thanks for the MLCS link. I called them and asked if there was a plunge base available for the Rocky 30 and got some very good news.
They have just introduced a new kit that isn't even on their website yet. It was just announced to their e-club members and available for order:
Rocky 30 Trim Router with Standard Base and Plunge Base - SKU #9060
$94.95!
If you go to the Quick Order screen, it will accept the 9060 SKU even though it can't be found via the search utility. I have placed my order.
Thanks again!
On 7/18/2016 8:38 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

FWIW I would not be surprised if the other Makita bases fit it also.
On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 9:44:35 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

FWIW I asked both the sales rep and tech support if the Rocky 30 was a re-branded Makita but neither of them knew. I'm not doing production work so I'm hoping that the Rocky 30 is at least up to my hobby usage.
Heck, if it gets me through this bed project I'd almost be satisfied. I've got lots of small places that need to be rounded over. Most of them would require some sort of jig for a full-size router, so a trim router would really make the job go faster.
On 7/18/2016 8:57 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

my Makita.