triangulation

can anyone tell me what is triangulation formula in woodworking?

THX BILL

Reply to
C 956

3-4-5? The sides of a right triangle forming a 90 at the 3/4 junction.
Reply to
Gfretwell

Use GPS to locate (set the final placing of) your table saw, band saw and router table (small wannabe shaper Tom) into a work triangle to ease flowage of your projects through the shoppe.

UA100, who's maybe watched one more hour of HGTV that he really needed/shoulda...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I use a sextant, myself. It's a bit more accurate than a GPS even with selective availability removed. You just site in on a few good stars and you're home free. Of course, the stars have to be visible from your basement, but that's not my problem.

Reply to
Jeff P.

Given that they are (hopefully) geostationary, you can also use your sextant to triangulate from the nails in the rafters in the basement. Make sure you have a good artificial horizon, and the location of the nails carefully plotted. Neither Dutton nor Bowditch may be sufficient for this particular adventure.

Michael

Reply to
Herman Family