Trend Dovtail jig

Why is there two finger plates for the jig? one is 8mm,the other 12.7,surely using the 12.7 and the appropriate guide bush will suffice for all sized dovetail bits.
I'll be making my own Dovetail jig with the finger plates made out of 6mm perspex. I'm just a bit puzzled about size of finger plates.
Thanks
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The Akeda and Trend are identical jigs. Check the Akeda site out for more information.

Tom wrote:

Thanks Tom. But that is the 400 model I'm on about the Trend CDJ300 wereby it has two interchangable plates.
This is a PDF file http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/library/Catalogue_Pages/PAGE_118.PDF
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The akeda doesn't use plates, but rather replaceable fingers in a positioning matrix. Very trick, if you like the DT jig thing.
This is something else.
Patriarch