TREES OF ST CROIX

http://www.gotostcroix.com/flora/trees.htm
Another place off my vacation list. I prefer places with trees that are only dangerous if they fall on you.
JOAT Every thing that happens stays happened. - Death waxes philosophical

How about the trees of Oklahoma?
"TULSA - Blake Champlin, a Tulsa lawyer and environmental activist, died Monday at his home when a tree supporting a hammock fell and crushed him."
http://www.newsok.com/article/1281769 /
Kevin
Sat, Jul 24, 2004, 3:35am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (KevinCraig) asks: How about the trees of Oklahoma? "TULSA - Blake Champlin, a Tulsa lawyer and environmental activist, died Monday at his home when a tree supporting a hammock fell and crushed him."
Do you think the tree knew he was a lawyer?
Do you know the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?
One's a bottom dwelling scum sucker.
And, the other one's a fish.
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe
J T wrote:

A fitting end for an environmental activist lawyer IMO. Not quite as good as being eaten by a mountain lion, but it will do.

--
--John
Blake Champlin led a life we all can envy. He was a terrific husband, father and grandfather. He led the city's astromony club, enjoyed basketball, and scuba. He made his own beer and was about to take up sky diving. Blake was an intellectual without trying to seem one. He was a voracious reader and was also a man's man. He was a lawyer with the highest ethics. He took cases with merit and advocated for his clients in a reasonable and civil tone. He was respected by his adversaries as much as his clients.