Treatment Powderpost Beetles in 2 x 4s?

I have some 2x4s in my garage that have little pin holes & saw dust appearing on my automobile. I was told these are from powder post beetles. Has anyone used Ortho Termite and Carpenter Ant Killer on powderpost beetles? How effective was it? Also has anyone tried Timbor? It looked like a better choice from what I read online, but I cannot find it at a store near me.
I was wanting to spray the area myself to save cash, are these easy to get rid of, or should I call in a pro. Thank you for any advice.