travisher question

A few years ago, I wouldn't have been able to ask this question, but now there seems to be a few people making them. Any chairmakers out there that have good/bad things to say about the different manufacturers? I've seen pictures of the fred emhof travisher, and the one that highland hardware sells, but have never used them.
I'm no expert, but I'm planning to take the Mike Dunbar windsor chair class this summer and I bought the compass plane and travisher from Crown Plane company (www.crownplane.com) - I think the highland hardware item is the same one, but they charge more for it, IIRC.
At any rate, I only received mine a few weeks ago and only have had time to play around with it a few times. The compass plane is much smaller than I realized, but it quickly became apparent that it isn't the size that counts - the plane works exceptionally fast and removes large amounts of wood quickly and easily.
The travisher was equally as good and fun to use, and behaves much like a spokeshave in my opinion. I think practice will improve the results, but in the short time I've used it I was able to get fairly good control and was able to smooth up the surface followign the compass plane quite nicely with the travisher.
Hope this helps,
Mike

Thanks. I just called and emailed Crown to place my order for both...no call back yet, and it's been a week or so. Are they normally slow in responding?
ranted:

If they're that bad -before- getting the order, think how long it might take AFTER they get one. That kind of thing spooks me.
Other options:
See Steve at www.Knight-Toolworks.com for a compass plane.
And Highland Hardware has travishers http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/browseproducts/Travisher.html
Or build your own travisher with one of these $28.25 Langsner (another chairmaster) blades: http://countryworkshops.org/bulletin2.pdf
Or pick up a curved drawknife off Ebay for $10-ish.
Or Grizzly has a spoon plane for $11.99. ;)
As I said, options abound, Mark.
--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. - http://diversify.com Web Applications
that bad -before- getting the order, think how long it

The HH travisher I knew about, and it is made by crown, so the only difference there is about 15 bucks. I was just trying ot avoid shipping stuff from more than one place.
I already have a scorp -- i.e., curved drawknife...I'll check out the blade and Knight. Thanks!