Transparent Wood

re: But because wood isn't not naturally transparent, we achieve that effect with some nanoscale tailoring," he says.

Just think about how small our shops will be in the future.

Nanoscale tablesaws, nanoscale clamps, nanoscale Kreg jigs. Imagine how small a nanoscale trim router will be!

Is nanoscale sawdust a health hazard? Does nanoscale sawdust even exist?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Dust-free woodworking from the comfort of your easy chair.

Spalted Walt

It seems to me that I remember onion skin windows on log cabins in pioneering days.

Now we find Hi Tech ways of doing old things. ;)

Reply to
OFWW

Nice. Now what will I do with my $1000 hepa vacuum cleaner, sound eliminating ear muffs, chain link gloves, bullet proof face mask etc, etc...

Reply to
Jack

Sounds like a solution looking for a problem. It will be a long time before we run out of sand to make real glass.

Reply to
G. Ross

Apparently the "transparent wood" is a lot lighter and slightly more durable than glass (less fragile)

Reply to
clare

But just what is its combustion point?

Reply to
OFWW

Jack wrote in news:neba46$67j$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Trade them in on a nicer easy chair. :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

And can it hold whales?

Reply to
J. Clarke

"J. Clarke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Whales aren't the problem. It's the weight of the water you have to consider!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Isinglass. It was made from fish bladders. That's still an option, we have OTHER uses for wood, but for fish bladders... not so much.

Reply to
whit3rd

Same weight but without the whales, there's no point in holding the water.

Reply to
krw

I wonder how the old diamond scratch test would work on that stuff?

Reply to
Jack