transfer to wood help

I have a project where I need to transfer some computer generated script/pictures to a smooth hard maple surface. I use a ink jet printer. Does anyone know a process for this. I have done it to T-shirts using transfer paper but it doesn't work on wood.

Reply to
Norvin

You might check Kinko's or one of their competitors. I had one by my office for a long time that you could take in your image and they would put it on a thermal transfer sheet (in color if you wanted) and you used a household iron for transfer.

Of course, if you have laser printer, you can simply reverse the image and print it on plain paper. With some practice, household iron will transfer the image to wood very well.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

A laser printer is not necessary: a photocopy of an inkjet-printed page works just as well. BTDT.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Laser printer and a iron.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Why not glue it to the wood surface with craft glue? I do it all the time and it is easy to remove or sand off the paper. I make quite a bit of toys and the parts are all pretty much made this way.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Dig around in the archives at "homebrew_PCBs" and read all about "Toner transfer". They've been doing it for ages to put etch resist on PCBs

Reply to
Stuart

Print onto paper. Paint the wood with white glue. When the glue dries, position the paper, press with a (medium hot) clothes iron. You might want to put some aluminum foil over the print (so the iron won't get smeared with ink).

The paper and markings come off with sanding or scraping, of course.

Reply to
whit3rd

Use self-adhesive sheets. Peels right off.

Reply to
LEGEND65

How about carbon paper? I do it all the time

Reply to
i82much