Trading Up

I'm doing an experiment whereby I trade something I have for something bigger and better (or just better). Many folks want a particular item more than something they already own, and those are the folks I'm searching for.

I have recently traded someone a blazer for a new Leatherman e307x pocketknife.

If you would like this item, please email me and tell me what you're willing to trade for it. I have no intentions of selling these items for profit. The final and biggest trade I make will be donated to those who most need it.

Email me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com and make me an offer I can't refuse.

tradingupdan

I already followed this story when it was called "One Red Paper Clip" he traded the paperclip for a house.

Reply to
HotRod

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Let me know the next time you want to trade a Chevy Blazer or any other vehicle for a pocketknife.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

Played...

Reply to
B A R R Y

This reminds me of an episode of Deep Space 9 I saw once. You're not a Ferengi are you?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Reply to
bremen68

It's much easier to just assimilate the things you want.

Reply to
Locutus

Probably several, but I like #12.

Reply to
Bill Stock

You guys should appreciate #27 too.

27.) The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down
Reply to
Bill Stock

Rub the back of his head and find out...

Reply to
B A R R Y

Ears....

Reply to
Locutus

Either way, ewwwwwww!

Reply to
B A R R Y

I'll trade you a used Craftsman router for it.

Reply to
Mike

Sorry but Ferengi Rule #27 is "There is nothing more dangerous than an honest businessman." That would not seem to apply in this case.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

A couple of possibilities:

#10. Greed is eternal.

#19. Satisfaction is not guaranteed.

#42. What's mine is mine. What's yours is mine too.

#49. Everything is worth something to somebody.

#61. Never buy what can be stolen.

#116. There's always a catch.

#181. Not even dishonesty can tarnish the shine of profit.

#231. There's a sucker born every minute. Make sure you are the first to find each one.

#260. Life's not fair. How else would you turn a profit?

I'm sure there are others.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

I've seen about 100 requests like this since that idiot when on the radio talk show circuit about how he traded a paper clip into a house. We had 8 different kids knock on our door within a week of that story being on the radio, no doubt encouraged by their dumbass parents.

It's a worn out idea. You're going to have to think of a better way to make money with no effort.

Reply to
bf