Tradesman clamps

I took a wonder through one of my local Home Depots today to see just what they had left in the wood lamps. All the had left on the shelf was a 36 inch, a 18 inch, and 2 - 8 or maybe 10 inch clamps. I bought them all. Thanks for the heads up on these.

Reply to
Sleeping Bear

FWIW, I live near a week old Home Depot, and there is NO Bessey shelf space, not even for K-bodies. All decent clamps are Jorgensen.

I would take this as they will no longer be carrying Bessey.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

The HD near me still has lots of them left. I bought all I could carry, but lots of good stuff left. The one near me is in Federal Way, WA for anyone nearby (350ish and 99ish).

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

That's what the guy at my local HD told me, that they dropped the Bessey line for clamps from Irwin and Jorgensen

Asked him why, and he said because the Jorgensen had a better margin and thus could be marked down some from SRP and still make as much if not MORE profit than they were getting with the Bessey's at full retail, and with the sucker - oops customer seeing something marked DOWN from SRP they think they are getting a better deal

Bottom line, it is ALL about the bottom line at HD

John

Reply to
John Crea

And what else "should" it be "about"? Of course it is about the bottom line. When you have a business you decide what your target market is and operate your business to the expectations of that target market. Obviously if HD's target market was folks who want to pay top prices for high quality, they wouldn't be HD, they would be Woodcraft or Lee Valley.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall