Track saws?

Page 3 of 3
DiggerOp wrote:

What a coincidence -- the same thing happened to me about 25 years ago. I was using an angle-iron grinder to cut through some angle- iron and it kicked back and went through my chin (but fortunantly stopped short of the bone). I've been a little more careful with tools every since (esp grinders).
Lance

Well....there are these things. You have to be extra smart to use them.
-mkaras
Honestly, after you get only slightly more experienced, you won't want to be struggling with some compromised Half-Answer for a table saw. There are dozens for sale on Craig List for $100 or less. Look for cast irn table and side extensions. I just got one for my retired father for $50 in perfect condition, hardly used with accessories. Found him a radial arm last ear for $50. And before somebody starts steering you into an expensive Delta or other multi-thousand $$ overkill, I'll tell you that I am a professional woodworker as my sole source of income for nearly 30 yrs and have a Craftsman in my own home shop. You can make these (see below) wheels for your saw fast and cheap so it will be portable. Use at least 3" wheels. The wheel kit they sell has tiny little things that don't roll or steer easily, especially if there is any debris on the floor.
http://porchmonkey.250free.com/SawBase1.jpg
http://porchmonkey.250free.com/SawBase2.jpg